Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lasting Impressions

I didn't think much of this book when I first recieved it but it taught me this much- Don't judge a book by its cover (literally!) I wasn't into learning about African countries much less reading about an African tribe but that all changed. I have must admiration not only for African tribes that have had to put up with missionaries trampling over their culture and beliefs but for Chinua Achebe who has shown this to me and others worldwide. This book is amazing and Achebe does not sensationalize at all and gives a thought provoking book that is completely realistic and tells about an African man and his predicaments and because it is easily relatable even living in a society much like the one I am in right now.

No one has asked me if this book is great literature or not but I'll say it- It's great literature at it's best! Best book so far I've read this entire English course. Such stories will forever leave a lasting impression on me and my moral being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home