Saturday, May 13, 2006

Too Meek and Not Enough Courage

Lena and Rose both have compelling stories to tell. Lena is a meek character, quiet and never actually voicing her opinions but allowing those around her to make decisions for her. Her husband *sighs*. I don't really understand the half-half thing and I'm on the side of her mother, looking at Lena with scrutiny and sympathy at the same time. I think Lena needs some of Waverly's attitude.

Rose and Lena both have something in common: The lack to speak, especially where their husband comes in. The two have these husbands that when you just read about them, the only word you can get out is "What?" What I'm trying to say is that these husbands take advantage of their wives. Rose gets the axe (divorce paper) and begins blubbering and sobbing. She's not strong. Meek and humble. I'm pretty sure by the end of the book, they'll break. Or perhaps they have already broken. It's like when a baby chick hatches- you see a little crack in the egg but until much later does the actual chick emerge. I believe that is how Rose and Lena will rise. Slowly but with much confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home